Our client is a leading independent voluntary organisation that provides a range of high quality health and social care services currently has an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Director of Nursing & Intellectual Disability. The organisation helps people return home after a serious illness, providing safe and homely residential care for those who need it, and we support people to live as independently as possible in the community.
The The Assistant Director of Nursing & Intellectual Disability will:
- assist the Director of Nursing in planning and directing the nursing and social care services which will include Age Related Services and services for People with Physical Disabilities and Intellectual Disabilities. This will also include any new services the hospital deems to provide in its future developments
- work in partnership with the other Assistant Directors in the overseeing and managing of rosters to ensure that all units are rostered in line with their agreed budget to deliver a quality service.
- be accountable to the Director of Nursing for maintaining high standards of patient care and safety in line with HIQA standards.
- be responsible for the budget and report any variance that may occur.
- be responsible for the management of the department of Nursing and will deputise for the Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
- report to the Director of Nursing & Social Care.
- act as PIC as and when required
- Be registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses kept by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Provide evidence of a post graduate qualification in health or related field – (desirable) the candidate must be willing to undertake same if not obtained by date of application
- Extensive experience including any of the nursing specialities i.e. older persons & I.D.
- At least 5 years at clinical nursing manager 2 level
- Provide evidence of ongoing professional development
- Management Qualification
- A Genuine interested in working with Care of the Elderly & ID
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Please apply with recent CV for further details.