Our client in Dublin requires a Person in Charge for an organisation providing Intellectual Disability services. The PIC will co-ordinate and lead in the implementation and provision of quality care that meets HIQA standards in Disability and organisational Key Performance Indicators. As the Person in Charge the following are required:
- An in depth knowledge of HIQA standards and the regulations underpinning the standards as they apply to the Intellectual Disability service.
- Has the responsibility for ensuring that the standards are adhered to at all times
- Manage resources, lead the team and be accountable for nursing activity and outcomes of care
- Function as a role model, promote best practice in the delivery of care and provide clinical expertise and support within the Multidisciplinary Team
- Support, assist and facilitate colleagues in achieving positive outcomes as developed for the Centre/Department.
- Encourage a culture of openness and participation through effective communication.
Qualifications and Experience
- Be registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland – preferably RNID/ or
Degree in Social Care.
- Minimum of two years experience of leading or managing a team.
- Have an in depth knowledge of HIQA standards and the regulations underpinning the standards as they apply to the Intellectual Disability service.
- Completion of a recognised Management Programme or its equivalent is desirable.
- Experience of managing staff is desirable.
- Previous experience of working closely with families and members of the MDT.
- Have proven organisational, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
Please apply with a current CV for further information.