A growing electrical contracting business based in Kilkenny is seeking a professional individual with proven valuating and costing experience.
Attractive salary and benefits on offer for the right candidate.
- Provide advice & liaise with Contract Managers on cost control on jobs
- Manage a team of 3 estimators
- Carry out monthly valuations on jobs
- Cost control on ongoing jobs
Key requirements of the Valuating & Costing Manager:
- Proven experience in the Building / Construction or Engineering Industry
- Experience in negotiating contracts with builders/engineers/public bodies
- Ability to agree final accounts for contracts
- Ability to read contracts and, recognise and understand the pitfalls therein for the company
- Recognise and capitalise on any opportunity to achieve the best commercial gain from a contract
- Previous experience of successfully negotiating with the major players/main contractors in the industry would be a distinct advantage
- Understands the importance of professionalism
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage estimating staff
- Ability to provide alternative methods of work for cost saving
- Strong commercial awareness
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply online today!
Please be advised, unfortunately we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only successful candidates will be contacted.